Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some frequently asked questions about Singer Safety and our product line. Please use the list below to jump to the product FAQ you are looking for:
- General/Ordering Questions
- Strip Doors
- Glidewall Curtains
- Noise Control
- Welding Screens
- Fire Equipment
- For Current/Prospective Distributors
1. How long has Singer Safety Company been in business?
Singer Safety was established in 1950 and has maintained national recognition for its excellence in industrial safety and barrier protection products.
2. How are shipping costs determined?
Shipping prices are evaluated based on weight of material and location, and shipping method.
1. What are the reasons/benefits of installing strip doors?
The main reasons why companies install strip doors are to save energy, climate control, dust control, machine protection and welding flash protection.
2. What Chemicals are PVC Strips resistant to?
E = Excellent
G = Good
F = Fair
N = Not Recommended
This information, based on experience to date, is believed to be reliable. It is intended as a guide for use at your own discretion and risk. All indications refer to room temperature.
*Table courtesy of JENSEN INERT PRODUCTS, INC.
|Acetic Acid, 5%||E||Hydrochloric Acid, 1-5%||E|
|Acetic Acid, 50%||E||Hydrochloric Acid, 35%||G|
|Acetone||E||Hydrofluoric Acid, 4%||G|
|Aluminum Hydroxide||E||Hydrofluoric Acid, 48%||G|
|Ammonium Hydroxide||E||Hydrogen Peroxide||E|
|Amyl Chloride||N||Isopropyl Acetate||N|
|Chemical||PVC||Lactic Acid, 3%||G|
|Benzaldehyde||N||Lactic Acid, 85%||G|
|Benzoic Acid, Sat.||E||Chemical||PVC|
|Benzyl Acetate||F||Magnesium Salts||E|
|Boric Acid||E||Methoxyethyl Oleate||N|
|Bromine||G||Methyl Ethyl Ketone||N|
|Bromobenzene||F||Methyl Isobutyl Ketone||N|
|n-Butyl Acetate||N||Methyl Propyl Ketone||N|
|sec-Butyl Alcohol||G||Methylene Chloride||N|
|Chemical||PVC||Nitric Acid, 50%||G|
|Calcium Hypochlorite||G||Nitric Acid, 70%||F|
|Carbon Tetrachloride||G||Orange Oil||F|
|Citric Acid||G||Phenol, Crystals||F|
|Cresol||N||Phosphoric Acid, 1-5%||E|
|Cyclohexane||G||Phosphoric Acid, 85%||E|
|Diethyl Malonate||G||Sulfuric Acid, 1-6%||E|
|Dimethyl Formamide||F||Sulfuric Acid, 20%||E|
|Sulfuric Acid, 60%||E|
|Chemical||PVC||Sulfuric Acid, 98%||N|
|Ether||F||Sulfur Dioxide, Liq.||F|
|Ethyl Acetate||F||Sulfur Salts||N|
|Ethyl Butyrate||N||Tartaric Acid||E|
|Ethyl Chloride, Liquid||N||Tetrahydrofuran||N|
|Ethyl Cyanoacetate||NF||Thionyl Chloride||N|
|Formic Acid, 50%||G|
|Formic Acid, 90-100%||F|
3. Do I have enough Acorn nuts to cover my strip kit?
You should have acorn nuts for every other stud or 3 per foot.
4. What size are the holes that are punched in the pvc strips?
5. Is the material flame resistant?
Yes; it is California State Fire Marshall Certified
6. Are custom Sizes available?
Yes; please contact our sales department for custom orders and availability
1. What are the reasons/benefits to installing a Glide Wall system?
The Glide Wall system increases productivity, conserves energy, creates privacy, and maximizes usable floor space by allowing activities to be located in close proximity to areas requiring a clean environment or partition.
2. What type of information do I need to place an order?
Dimensions of the total area, how you plan to mount the track, what type of system do you require.
3. What type of options are there for mounting the glidewall system?
There are three types of standard mounting options; flush to ceiling(directly to ceiling) threaded rod suspended( suspended with threaded rod to be purchased separately from a local hardware perhaps) or chain suspended ( suspended with chain to be purchased separately from your local hardware store.) Other options include: Free Standing, I-Beam connectors, and wall connectors.
4. Can Singer Safety help me design a custom solution?
Our knowledgeable sales staff can assist you in solving specific or unusual in-plant, safety and noise problems. We can recommend the right combination amoung our standard products, or we�ll design custom solutions that fit your particular needs. The best part of our custom solutions? We do not charge any custom charges. You pay for the material and labor involved, and nothing more. No custom charges at Singer Safety Company.
1. What type of material do you sell for noise control applications?
Singer Safety sells a variety of roll good products available for do-it-yourself projects that meet any noise protection need, as well as standard products that are available for certain applications, including portable modular screens, suspended wall panels, Baffles, and custom sizes are also available.
2. Is there a minimum order for any noise control material products and do you manufacture on site?
There is no minimum order and every custom order is made on site in our manufacturing facility.
3. What are the standard sizes for noise control panels?
The standard size for panels is 48"W x (4', 6', 8' or 10' H)
4. What are the differences in thickness for the noise control panels?
There are four different thicknesses:
- Nominal 1" Single faced(for wall blankets)
- Nominal 1" Double faced
- Nominal 2" Double faced (for use as an absorber)
- Nominal 2" Double faced material with 1lb./sq. ft. barrier septum(combination, barrier/absorberheaviest curtain 1.5PSF)
1. What type of welding materials do you sell?
Singer Safety Company offers a variety of welding curtain products to increase safety for in-plant welding areas.
Seven TEMP/TEX materials are available, for continuous coverage from 300 degrees Fahrenheit to 1800 degrees Fahrenheit. These materials can be made as screens, curtains or blankets.
2. What are the most popular welding blanket materials?
The two most popular welding blanket materials available are: TEMP/TEX 14 twill-weave fiberglass for continuous protection up to 1000 degrees Fahrenheit, or TEMP/TEX 19 neoprene-coated fiberglass, for continuous protection up to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
1. Do your fire equipment covers and first aid blankets meet OSHA requirements?
Yes, all of Singer Safety's fire equipment covers and first aid blankets are OSHA compliant.
2. Where are first aid blankets most commonly used?
Outdoor jobs, fire trucks, police cars, utility work trucks, first-aid stations, institutions, schools, hospitals and ambulances.
1. How do I become a distributor of Singer Safety Products?
Simply print and fill out this credit application and fax to (773) 235-0363 along with your company's certificate of resale.
2. What are your shipping options for distributors?
For shipping under 150 lbs we use UPS Ground, anything oversized in a box will go LTL and freight companies will be determined based on route and weight unless otherwise specified.
3. What are your return policies for distributors?
All custom products require signed approval and are non returnable.
4. Is there a minimum order and what are payment terms?
There is no minimum order. Payment terms are available upon review of a credit application, otherwise we require Credit Card for first time buyers.